Saturday, February 20, 2010

What kind of cookery is this?

Like so many other twenty-somethingorothers, I recently graduated college and am back living at home... in New Jersey. Yes, it is as bad as it sounds. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have a home to come to while I ponder my fate and believe it or not I do actually love where I live, but it is, for lack of a better word, boring. Really boring. So, in an effort to keep things interesting and enjoy life, I cook and I eat. And I eat.

I guess you should know that I have always loved cooking, having basically grown up in the kitchen. My mother instilled her love for food in me, making sure I knew at young age how to properly cut an onion. She spent twenty years in the restaurant business as a vegetarian chef until she made a career change to flight attendant. I know, I know...flight attendant? Hell of a career change but she has always been known to keep things interesting.

Anyway, like I said, I love food. Real food, though. Not that stuff you get through your car window after yelling into a microphone. Food is what makes life delicious and spontaneous, and I want to write about it. More for me, I created this blog to start writing for myself about what I truly enjoy. I plan to keep rummaging through cookbooks and trying as many recipes as my bank account allows for (I am still young and broke, after all). So, if you're out there, keep reading and I'll keep cooking and writing and eating (of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment